- MD: Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- PhD: Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- Internship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Neurology Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Neuromuscular Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dr. Mammen is Co-Director of the Johns Hopkins Myositis Center. He sees patients with diseases affecting muscle and nerve and has a special interest in autoimmune myositis, toxic myopathies, and muscular dystrophy. His research focuses on muscle regeneration in myositis as well as the link between myositis and cancer. Dr. Mammen is the recipient of the 2007 Passano Physician Scientist Award.