I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
NIH Loan Repayment Programs
The NIH is accepting applications for its five Loan Repayment Programs (www.lrp.nih.gov). All applications for 2017 awards must be submitted by November 15, 2017. Institutions must certify all applications by December 2, 2017.
National Institutes of Health Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs) can repay up to $35,000 a year of qualified educational debt for health professionals pursuing careers in biomedical and behavioral research. The programs also provide coverage for Federal and state tax liabilities.
- Possess a doctoral-level degree
- Devote 50% or more of their time (20 hours per week based on a 40 hour work week) to nonprofit- or government-funded research
- Have educational debt equaling at least 20% of their institutional base salary
- Obtain a commitment of not less than two years of research appointment from the department and school of the certifying official, and
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or U.S. national
Visit www.lrp.nih.gov for further information and to apply online.
When applying online, you will need to list an “Authorized Institutional Representative” to certify your application. Please list Michael B. Amey (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the representative for the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Those applicants leaving Hopkins for appointments elsewhere beginning July 1, 2017 should obtain certification from their future institution.
In order for Mr. Amey to certify your application, your department must email Karen Falter (email@example.com) the following information:
1. Confirmation of the departmental commitment for at least a 2-year appointment (from July 2018).
2. Confirmation that the applicant will devote 50% or more of their time (20 hours per week based on a 40 hour work week) to nonprofit- or government-funded research.
3. The current base compensation the applicant receives from JHU in stipends and/or salary at the time of the application.
If you have any questions about the NIH LRP Institutional Certification process, please contact Karen Falter in the SOM Office of Research Administration at 410-361-8342.
Sign Up for Fundamentals
Stay up-to-date with the latest research findings from the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences.