We are currently leading two ACTION II projects:
- Surgical Unit-based Safety Program. The goals of SUSP are to achieve significant reductions in rates of surgical site infections and surgical complications, as well as to achieve significant improvements in safety culture. This project builds on the success of previous programs (CUSP/CLABSI) by applying new methods and tools to effectively assist teams with quality improvement in the complex surgical environment. Participation in the program is available to any hospital in any state, as well as hospitals in the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program for VAP prevention. The goals of the VAP Action II project are to:
- Develop a new Prevention Bundle for ventilator-associated pneumonias, based on best practices and input from a convened committee of experts (finished in 2011)
- Develop an educational program including the use of the new VAP Prevention Bundle and CUSP tools
- Implement this program in two hospitals in two states for a period of approximately nine months. We will evaluate this program for use in future cohort.
Details on the new VAP Prevention Bundle and the educational materials are forthcoming.