Saturday, November 6, 2010
Click on links below to view slide show presentations (PDF format)
9 - 9:30 am
Registration & continental breakfast
9:30 - 9:45 am
Welcome: Conference Overview and Goals
9:45 - 10:15 am
Keynote presentation: 'Maintenance of Cognitive Skills'
- Constantine Lyketsos, M.D., M.H.S., Director, Memory and Alzheimer's Treatment Center' Chair of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins Bayview
10:15 - 10:45 am
'Enhancing Cognitive Performance'
- Miriam Z. Mintzer, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
10:45 - 11:15 am
'Resilience and Healthy Coping Styles'
- Ann Morrison, Ph.D., R.N., Research Associate, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Director of the Family and Caregiver Program, John Hopkins Memory and Alzheimer's Treatment Center
11:15 - 11:30 am
Break: exhibitors and networking
11:30 a. - Noon
'In-Home Activities for Cognitively Challenged Individuals'
- Stephen Vozella, B.A., ACC, Director of Activities and Volunteer, Copper Ridge Institute
Noon - 1 pm
1 - 1:30 pm
In-Home Functional Skills and Safety Issues
- Deny Stiassny, MS, OTR/L, Clinical Coordinator, Special Programs Rehabilitation Department, Johns Hopkins Bayview