Saturday, October 31, 2009
Click on links below to view slide show presentations (PDF format)
9 - 9:30 am
Registration & continental breakfast
9:30 - 9:45 am
Welcome: Conference Overview and Goals
- Constantine Lyketsos, M.D., M.H.S., Director, Memory and Alzheimer's Treatment Center
- Helen Hovdesven, Co-chair, Patient and Family Advisory Council
9:45 - 10:15 a.m
Keynote presentation: 'A Journey to Hope'
- Peter Rabins, M.D., MPH, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and Co-author of 'The 36-Hour Day'
10:15 - 10:45 am
'What If It's Not Alzheimer's?: Overview of Non-Alzheimer Dementias
- Chiadi Onyike, M.D., MHS, FTD/Young-Onset Dementia Program
10:45 - 11:15 am
Sleeping, Eating and Bathroom Issues in Dementia
- Esther Oh, M.D.
11:15 - 11:30 am
Break: exhibitors and networking
11:30 a.m. - Noon
Caring for the Caregiver Across Time
- Ann Morrison, RN, Ph.D.
Noon - 1 pm
1 - 2 pm
Panel Discussion with Research Experts: Q & A
- Moderator: Constantine Lyketsos, M.D., MHS
- Ben Lee, M.D.
- Paul Rosenberg, M.D.
- Richard O'Brien, M.D.
- Gwenn Smith, Ph.D.
- Research Participant: BJ Shaneman
Nursing: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center?s Commission of Accreditation. This 3.0 contact hour Educational Activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
Social Work: This program meets the requirements for three (3) Category 1 continuing education units (CEUs) for social workers.
The Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, Johns Hopkins Memory & Alzheimer?s Treatment Center, Johns Hopkins Alzheimer?s Disease Research Center, Johns Hopkins GGEAR, and the Johns Hopkins Bayview Community Psychiatry Program.