Victoria H. Goode, MLIS
William H. Welch Medical Library
Welch Office 212
As your contact at Welch Medical Library, I am available to provide a variety of services to the faculty, fellows, residents and staff of the Department of Psychiatry. My goal is to save you time and support your information needs effectively and efficiently.
Whether your interests lie in research, clinical practice or education, or a combination of these, I am free to assist you with a variety of information services such as expert searching, citation management and publication support, and individual or group orientations on customized resources. I have also collaborated with research teams on larger, in-depth projects such as systematic reviews.
To better address your information needs, I would welcome any opportunity to learn more about your department and research interests through any venue that is appropriate.
No question is too big or small and my expertise and services are free to you!
- Information Searching: Assistance with finding literature, statistics, data, patents, and funding to support clinical practice, research, and education.
- Help with NIH Public Access Policy Compliance
- Customized Information Portal: Collaboration with faculty to create a customized digital library targeted to the user group.
- Curriculum Support: Ranges from assistance in preparation to teach a course to co-teaching; information literacy for faculty, students and staff; what to do, where to go when a question arises; EBM databases (PubMed’s Clinical Queries, Cochrane library; formulating PICO questions); setting up E-Reserves for course assignments.
- E-Resources Troubleshooting and Assistance in Accessing Full Text Articles: Full Text from an electronic database, VPN, MyWelch, WelDoc, Catalog, etc.
- Resource Recommendations and Collection Development
- Office hours: on-site or virtual
- Individual and Group Consultations
- Information Management: RefWorks, EndNote, RefMan, STATA; questions about citation, copyright, scholarly communication, etc.
- Clinical Information Consultation (Morning Report or Rounding): Invited to these as silent observers to become familiar with terminology; Evidence-Based Medicine resource recommendations.