The South Asian Wellness Clinic is designed to provide culturally sensitive mental health services to members of the South Asian community in the Maryland and Washington DC region. Treatment is provided by psychiatrists and licensed therapists at The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
The South Asian Wellness Center
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Mason F. Lord Building, West Tower,
Third Floor, Room 331
440 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM OUR SERVICES?
South Asian individuals with
- Emotional problems
- Drug and alcohol problems
- Acculturation (social) concerns
- Academic problems
- Family problems
- Education about mental illness
- Diagnostic assessments
- Individual and family psychotherapy
- Psychiatric Consultation - These may be one-time consults or continuing care. If needed, continuing care patients may be treated with medications. One-time consultations will make recommendations as necessary.
- Vani Rao, M.D., Adult and Geriatric Psychiatrist
- Geetha Subramaniam, M.D., Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Beatrice Robbins, RN, CS-P, Nurse Manager
- Sharon Keach, LCPC, Therapist
The South Asian Wellness Clinic is open from 8-10 a.m. during the first and third Friday of every month, by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call Beatrice Robbins, RN, CS-P, Nurse Manager, at 410-550-0019.