Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Home > Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences > About Us > 100 Years of the Henry Phipps Psychiatric Clinic > Leaders
McHugh trained at Harvard, at the University of London, and at Walter Reed before launching his academic career at Cornell. He became clinical director and residency director at New York Hospital Westchester Division, then chairman of psychiatry at University of Oregon. Then he, along with a coterie of young psychiatric pragmatists who had worked with him at Cornell and Oregon, moved on to Hopkins, where McHugh was chair for a quarter century.
- Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Stars
- Mental Illness: Comprehensive Evaluation or Checklist? | Commentary by Paul McHugh and Phillip Slavney | NEJM | December 2012
- A Structure for Psychiatry at Century's Turn - The View from Johns Hopkins | by Paul McHugh | Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine | 1992
- Faculty Profile | JH Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- The Last Word? | Hopkins Medicine Magazine | Fall 2012
- Master of the Mind Field | Johns Hopkins Gazette | 1998