Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Chiquita A. Collins, M.A., Ph.D.
Director and Associate Dean for Diversity and Cultural Competence, JHUSOM
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Cultural & linguistic competence; Translational research; Racial/ethnic and socioeconomic disparities
Dr. Collins holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a master's degree from the University of Michigan. She also received her Ph.D. from the University of Michigan and held faculty positions at the University of Texas at Austin before joining the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2012. Her work has been recognized with a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholar in Health Policy Research award, as well as a Woodrow Wilson Career Enhancement Fellow Award, among others.
- Director and Associate Dean for Diversity and Cultural Competence, JHUSOM
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- B.A., University of Illinois (Chicago) (Illinois) (1990)
- M.A., University of Michigan (Michigan) (1993)
- Ph.D., University of Michigan (Michigan) (1996)