Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Diane L Colgan, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift , Breast Reduction, Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, Liposuction, Plastic Surgery, Tummy Tuck
Diane L. Colgan, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Appointment Phone: 301-299-6644
10411 Motor City Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Colgan has been in private practice in the Washington Metropolitan area since 1980 following her career in the United States Navy Medical Corps on active duty for 12 years. She continued as a Naval Reservist for 10 years and retired from her commission as a Captain in the Medical Corps in 1990. Dr. Colgan specializes in aesthetic cosmetic surgery.
With her broad knowledge and experiences, Dr. Colgan offers her patients the finest medical care. She is very caring and understanding to her patients.
Over 70% of Dr. Colgan's patients are referrals from previous and current patients, confirming her high quality healthcare expertise, thoughtfulness and empathy toward her patients. Dr. Colgan will guide you through your decision making process and recommend the correct procedure for your situation. For more information on Dr. Colgan and how she can help you realize your personal appearance goals, visit www.dianecolganmd.com.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital (1967)
- National Naval Medical Center / Plastic Surgery (1974)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (1976)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery (1974)
Activities & Honors
- Top Plastic Surgeons, Washingtonian Magazine 1991- Present.
- Best Doctors in America® from 1996-2004 and 2007-2010.
- Chair Elect Medical Staff, Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2014 - 2016
- President Medical Staff, Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2012 - 2016
- Director, Physician Assistants, 2008
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Chair, Department of Surgery, 2006 - 2008
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, 1986
- Credentials Committee, Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2000
- Chair of Plastic Surgery, Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2000 - 2003
- Chair of Plastic Surgery, Montgomery General Hospital, 1986 - 2010
- Gredentials Commitee, Montgomery General Hospital, 2004
- Chair, Plastic Surgery Department, 1977 - 1979
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Women's Association
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Association of Military Plastic Surgeons
- Medical and Chirurgical Society of Maryland
- Medical Society of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Patient & Family Centered Care, Suburban Hospital Board of Trustees
Medical Quality Commitee
Cosmetic Surgery Advances
Maintaining a Good Self-Image in Menopause and Beyond
Current Trends in Cosmetic Surgery
The New You: A Look at Plastic Surgery Just for Women
Protecting Yourself from Skin Cancer
Facts & Findings in Breast Reconstruction
Breast Reconstruction and Other Aesthetic Procedures in Women
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery in Men and Women