Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Nancy Jo Davenport, M.D.
Capital Heart Associates PC
Appointment Phone: 202-686-9801
5215 Loughboro Road NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Nancy J. Davenport is a cardiologist of Sibley Memorial Hospital. She is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. Dr. Davenport practices out of Capital Heart Associates in Sibley’s Medical Building, located in Washington, D.C. She is also affiliated with Suburban Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Davenport has an expertise in heart transplantation, peripheral vascular disease, cardiac catheterization, angioplasty and congestive heart failure.
Dr. Davenport earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in nursing from Duke University, followed by a Doctorate degree in cardiac physiology from George Washington University. She was a professor at American University for ten years and was heavily involved in research at the National Institutes of Health prior to returning to George Washington University to earn her medical degree. She went on to complete a residency in internal medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center, followed by a cardiovascular disease fellowship at Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Davenport is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology. She has been named a Top MD by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine (1985)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1988)
- Washington Hospital Center / Cardiovascular Disease (1991)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (1991)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1988)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Interventional Cardiology (2000)