Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Priya Sekar, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Spanish, Tamil
Expertise: Pediatric Cardiology
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-9714
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Priya Sekar is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is pediatric cardiology.
After receiving her undergraduate degree at the University of Chicago, Dr. Sekar earned a master’s degree in public health from George Washington University. She received her medical degree from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/Chicago Medical School. She completed her general pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital Oakland and performed her pediatric cardiology fellowship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. She was a clinical research fellow at the University of Alberta/Stollery Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Sekar is certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science - Now Finch University of Health Sciences (2002)
- Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland / Pediatrics (2005)
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center / Pediatric Cardiology (2008)
- University of Alberta/Stollery Children's Hospital (2009)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Cardiology (2010)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2008)
Research & Publications
Sekar P, Hornberger LK. "The role of fetal echocardiography in fetal intervention: a symbiotic relationship." Clin Perinatol. 2009 Jun;36(2):301-27, ix. doi: 10.1016/j.clp.2009.03.013.
Hinton RB, Andelfinger G, Sekar P, Hinton AC, Gendron RL, Michelfelder EC, Robitaille Y, Benson DW. "Prenatal head growth and white matter injury in hypoplastic left heart syndrome." Pediatr Res. 2008 Oct;64(4):364-9. doi: 10.1203/PDR.0b013e3181827bf4.