Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Erich Wedam, M.D.
Expertise: Cardiology, Echocardiography, Electrophysiology
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians - Heart Care
6410 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
8600 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814 map
Dr. Wedam received his medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine and completed his residency at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. He completed fellowships in cardiovascular medicine at the National Naval Medical Center & Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Bethesda, and in clinical cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Virginia.
Dr. Wedam is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He is certified by the National Board of Echocardiography in adult comprehensive echocardiography. He is currently the director of electrophysiology at Suburban Hospital.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1998)
- National Capital Consortium - Uniformed Services University / Internal Medicine (2001)
- National Capital Consortium - Uniformed Services University / Cardiology (2004)
- University of Virginia Health System / Cardiac Electrophysiology (2006)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2004, 2013)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (2006)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2001, 2011)