Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Na Young Ji, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Autism spectrum disorder; Neuropharmacologic management in children and adolescents; Behavioral features of autism spectrum disorder in Down Syndrome ...read more
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- M.D., Catholic University of Daegu (South Korea) (2000)
Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea, 2001, Internship; Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2003, Psychiatry Neuroimaging; University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2007, General Psychiatry Residency; University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2008, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Research & Publications
- Working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder and other genetic disorders and/or developmental delays
- Neuropharmacologic management in children and adolescents with cognitive challenges
- Research focusing on characterizing the behavioral features of autistic spectrum disorder in Down syndrome and attempting to identify factors that might be able to explain neurobehavioral phenotype of autism spectrum disorder
Koo MS, Dickey CC, Park HJ, Kubicki M, Ji NY, Bouix S, Pohl KM, Levitt JJ, Nakamura M, Shenton ME, McCarley RW. Smaller Neocortical Gray Matter and Larger Sulcal Cerebrospinal Fluid Volumes in Neuroleptic-Naive Women With Schizotypal Personality Disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry. 2006; 63:1090-1100.
Ji NY, Capone GT, and Kaufmann WE. Autism spectrum disorder in Down syndrome: cluster analysis of Aberrant Behaviour Checklist data supports diagnosis. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. 2011; 55:1064-1077.