I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Jay Pasricha, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Pankaj Jay Pasricha, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Neurogastroenterology
Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Gastroenterology, Motility Disorders, Neurogastroenterology
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0790
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-550-1793
720 Rutland Avenue
Ross Research Building, Suite 958
Baltimore, MD 21205 map
Recruited from Stanford University, where he was chief of gastroenterology for five years, Dr. Pasricha is leading the establishment of the Johns Hopkins Center for Neurogastroenterology. Patients with motility disorders as well as diseases ranging from Parkinsons to Autism, and diabetes to obesity, stand to benefit from his research, which focuses on clinical disorders associated with gastroenterological motility, the biology of the enteric nervous system and visceral pain, neural stem cells and technology development associated with endoscopic research and advancements.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Pasricha has been credited with more than 30 patents for novel gastrointestinal diagnosis and treatment methods. His extensive publications on the enteric nervous system and gut-brain axis have garnered global attention.
Dr. Pasricha practices at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He is also Professor of Innovation Management at the Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business.
- Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Neurogastroenterology
- Vice Chair of Medicine Innovation and Commercialization
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Neuroscience
Centers & Institutes
- MD, All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (1982)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences / Internal Medicine (1984)
- New England Medical Center / Pulmonary Medicine (1990)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology (1992)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2006)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1988)