Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Maria Soledad Romero, M.D.
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Cataracts, Cornea/Anterior Segment Disease, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration (Age-Related), Ophthalmology , Strabismus
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Bel Air
Appointment Phone: 410-893-0480
620 Boulton Street
Bel Air, MD 21014 map
Maria Soledad Romero, M.D., is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. She offers comprehensive ophthalmology services for both children and adults, providing medical and surgical eye care for conditions such as cataracts and corneal diseases, dry eye, glaucoma and strabismus.
Dr. Romero received her medical degree from the University Catholica Cordoba, in Argentina, and completed an ophthalmology residency at the Hospital Santa Lucia, also in Argentina. She additionally completed a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute, and subsequently completed an additional residency in general surgery and ophthalmology at Louisiana State University. Prior to joining the faculty at the Wilmer Eye Institute, Dr. Romero was a comprehensive ophthalmologist in a private practice in Silver Spring, MD. She is fluent in Spanish.
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Universidad Catolica de Cordoba Jacinto Rios 571 (1996)
- Hospital Oftalmologicao Santa Lucia / Ophthalmology (2003)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center / Ophthalmology (2012)
- Hospital Dr. Pedro de Elizalde / Pediatric Ophthalmology (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2008)
- Pending/Scheduled / Ophthalmology
Activities & Honors
- Best Residency Research Award, LSU/Ochsner, 2012
- American Association of Ophthalmology
- Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology
- Women in Ophthalmology
Videos & Media
Meet Dr. Romero (Spanish)
Dra. Mara Soledad Romero es un oftalmlogo que ofrece atencin integral de los ojos, tanto para adultos y nios. Visita http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/wilmer...
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Healthy Aging: Best Way to Age-Proof Your Vision