Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Doris Gay Yee Leung, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Clinical Investigation, Clinical Neurophysiology, Electrodiagnostic Medicine (EMG), Muscular Dystrophies, Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Center for Genetic Muscle Disorders
Appointment Phone: 410-550-5624
716 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Leung obtained her undergraduate degree in biochemical sciences from Harvard University. While attending medical school at Duke University, she completed a year-long research fellowship studying genetic markers of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease at the National Institute on Aging as part of the NIH Clinical Research Training Program. She completed her neurology residency and clinical neurophysiology fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center, and is currently a Ph.D. candidate in the graduate training program in clinical investigation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Leung joined the Center for Genetic Muscle Disorders at the Kennedy Krieger Institute as a translational research fellow in 2010 and was appointed to the faculty in 2014. Her clinic specializes in electromyography and the diagnosis and treatment of hereditary muscle diseases. Dr. Leung’s research focuses on the development of imaging biomarkers and outcome measures for muscle diseases. She is the principal investigator for a longitudinal cohort study of whole-body MRI in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. Dr. Leung is also a site principal investigator for the Ionis-DMPKRx trial, a phase Ib/IIa clinical trial of a novel RNA-based therapy for myotonic muscular dystrophy.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Departments / Divisions
- Neurology - Kennedy Krieger Institute
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine (2005)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Neurology (2009)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Clinical Neurophysiology (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2014)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute / Neurology (2014)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Clinical Neurophysiology (2011)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology-General (2009)
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (2009)
- Clinical Neurophysiology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (2011)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Graduate Program Affiliation
Graduate Training Program in Clinical Investigation - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine