I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Darla Roye Shores, M.D.
Medical Director, Center for Intestinal Rehabilitation & Cure Using Science (CIRCUS)
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Expertise: Gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Nutrition, Pediatric Gastroenterology
Research Interests: General pediatric gastroenterology with an emphasis on nutritional intervention; Intestinal failure
Dr. Darla Shores is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Shores is a pediatric gastroenterologist who specializes in nutritional intervention, inflammatory bowel disease and intestinal failure. Dr. Shores is Co-director of Center for Intestinal Rehabilitation & Care Using Science.
Dr. Shores earned her medical degree at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. She completed a pediatrics residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, where she then worked as an attending hospitalist for the GI service for two years prior to completing a pediatric gastroenterology fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. She joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2011. She has a Ph.D. in Clinical Investigation from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Her research interests include quality improvement, intestinal failure, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. Shores is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, with subspecialty certification in pediatric gastroenterology.
- Medical Director, Center for Intestinal Rehabilitation & Cure Using Science (CIRCUS)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of New Mexico School of Medicine (2002)
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine / Pediatrics (2017)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Pediatric Gastroenterology (2017)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Gastroenterology (2011)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2005)