Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Jennifer L Townsend, M.D.
Clinical Associate, Division of Infectious Diseases
Instructor of Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Infectious Disease
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-3350
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Jennifer Townsend, M.D., completed a residency and fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. Board-certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases, she has done research on staphylococcal bacteremia, Acinetobacter baumanii, and leptospirosis.
Dr. Townsend cares primarily for patients in the outpatient infectious diseases clinic. She also works closely with the Collaborative Inpatient Medical Service, caring for hospital inpatients.
- Clinical Associate, Division of Infectious Diseases
- Instructor of Medicine
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2009)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School / Internal Medicine (2012)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas / Infectious Diseases (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2012)