Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Beth S. Slomine, M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Neuropsychology; Rehabilitation psychology; Assessment and treatment of children following brain injuries
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- B.A., University of Delaware (Delaware) (1989)
- M.S., University of Florida (Florida) (1992)
- Ph.D., University of Florida (Florida) (1995)
Brockton-West Roxbury VA Medical Center, Brockton/West Roxbury, Massachusetts, 1995, Clinical Psychology; Philadelphia Geriatric Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1996, Clinical Geropsychology and Neuropsychology
Research & Publications
Clinical interests include neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology throughout the lifespan with special interest in assessment and treatment of children following brain injuries. Research interests include neuropsychological and psychiatric outcome following traumatic brain injury. Current research projects involve the study of psychosocial and neurological factors impacting outcome following traumatic brain injury.
- Slomine, B.S., Bowers, D., & Heilman, K.M. (1999). Dissociation between autonomic responding and verbal report in right and left hemisphere brain damage during anticipatory anxiety. Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychology, and Behavioral Neurology, 12, 143-148.
- Grados M.A., Slomine B.S., Gerring J.P., Vasa R., Bryan R.N., Denckla M.B. (2001). A depth of lesion model in children and adolescents with moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury: Use of SPGR MRI to predict severity and outcome. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, 70, 350-358.
- Gerring JP, Slomine BS, Vasa R, Grados M, Chen A, Rising W, Christensen, J, Denckla M., Ernst, M. (2002). Development of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder after severe closed head injury in children and adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry , 41(2): 157-165.
- Slomine B, Gerring J, Grados M, Vasa R, Brady K, Christensen J, Denckla MB. (2002). Performance on Measures of ôExecutive Functionö following pediatric traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury, 16(9), 759-772.
- Vasa R, Gerring J, Grados M, Slomine B, Christensen J.R., Rising, W., Denckla M.B., Riddle M.A. (2002). Anxiety following severe pediatric traumatic brain injury. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 41(2), 148-156.