Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Srinivas Manikonda Sastry, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Diabetic Retinopathy, Laser Surgery, Macular Degeneration, Macular Degeneration (Age-Related), Ophthalmology, Retinal Detachment, Retinal Surgery
Srinivas Sastry, MD
Appointment Phone: 301-896-0101
10215 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Cambridge Professional Center
Appointment Phone: 301-843-9971
3500 Old Washington Road
Waldorf, MD 20602 map
Dr. Sastry is a board certified, fellowship trained ophthalmologist specializing in retina, macula, vitreous diseases and surgery. He has been selected as one of America's Top Ophthalmologists and one of Washingtonian Magazines Top Doctors 2010.
He has a special interest in treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and has performed several thousand retina procedures.
Dr. Sastry received his MD degree in India in 1989 and M.P.H. degree from Harvard University, Boston in 1990. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Sastry has presented research at national and international meetings and has published numerous articles on ophthalmology and the prevention of eye disease. To learn more about Dr.Sastry, visit BethesdaRetina.com.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Kasturba Medical College (1989)
- Howard University Hospital / Ophthalmology (1995)
- National Eye Institute (1992)
- University of Washington Medical Center / Vitreo-Retinal Surgery (1997)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1997)
Activities & Honors
- Chair, Department of Surgery, 2010 - 2012
- Chair, Ophthalmology, 2002 - 2010
- Chair, Ophthalmology, 2014