Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Satish Pramod Shanbhag, M.B.B.S., M.P.H.
Clinical Director, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins Bayview
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Hindi
Expertise: Amyloidosis, Blood Disorders, Hematologic Malignancies, Hematology, Histiocytosis, Hodgkin's Disease, Lymphoma, Hodgkins Disease, Lymphomas, Low-Grade, Mantle cell lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma ...read more
Research Interests: Mantle cell lymphoma and low grade lymphomas; cutaneous T cell lymphoma; mycosis fungoides
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-1711
5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle
John R. Burton Pavilion Suite 100
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-8964
401 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231 map
Dr. Shanbhag is board certified in both Hematology and Medical Oncology. He sees patients at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
He specializes in treating adult patients with benign blood disorders and hematologic malignancies. He focuses on the lymphoid malignancies (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma), Hodgkins lymphoma, multiple myeloma, Amyloidosis, Langerhans cell Histiocytosis. His interests include the low grade lymphoid neoplasms such as follicular lymphoma and Chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Clinical Director, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Clinical Director, Hematology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Medical Director, Hematology, Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
Centers & Institutes
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College (2001)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham-GME / Internal Medicine (2007)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center / Hematology and Oncology (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2007)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (2010)
Research & Publications
Dr. Shanbhag's clinical research interests include the lymphoid malignancies especially the low grade lymphomas, mycosis fungoides, cutaneous T cell lymphoma.
Activities & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 2015
- Samuel Asper Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine, Maryland ACP chapter, 2015
- Item Writing Workshop, American Society of Hematology, Washington DC, 2014
- Lisa J. Heiser Award for Educational Excellence, The Johns Hopkins Institute for Excellence in Education, 2014
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Medicine House staff, 2012 - 2013
- The Miller-Coulson Academy of Clinical Excellence, Johns Hopkins Bayview, 2013
- Chairman’s Award, Department of Medicine, 2012
- Advocacy Leadership Institute, American Society of Hematology, Washington DC, 2012
- Spirit Award, UAB Internal Medicine Residency program, 2006
- NTSE Scholar, National Talent Search Exam- awarded by the National Council for Educational Research & Training for outstanding high school graduates, 1995 - 2000