Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Kenneth Silverman, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Learning and Health
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Operant learning interventions to address interrelated problems; Poverty; Unemployment; Drug addition
- Director, Center for Learning and Health
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 1991, Behavioral Pharmacology
Research & Publications
The development and experimental evaluation of operant learning interventions to address the interrelated problems of poverty, unemployment and health
- Silverman K, Chutuape MA, Bigelow GE, Stitzer ML. Voucher-based reinforcement of cocaine abstinence in treatment-resistant methadone patients: effects of reinforcement magnitude. Psychopharmacology. 1999; 146: 128-138.
- Silverman K, Svikis D, Robles E, Stitzer ML, Bigelow GE. A reinforcement-based therapeutic workplace for the treatment of drug abuse: 6-month abstinence outcomes. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2001; 9: 14-23.
- Silverman K, Svikis D, Wong CJ, Hampton J, Stitzer ML, Bigelow GE. A reinforcement-based therapeutic workplace for the treatment of drug abuse: 3-year abstinence outcomes. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2002; 10: 228-240.
- Silverman K, Robles E, Mudric T, Bigelow GE, Stitzer ML. A randomized trial of long-term reinforcement of cocaine abstinence in methadone maintained injection drug users. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2004; 72: 839-854.
- Silverman K. Exploring the limits and utility of operant conditioning in the treatment of drug addiction. The Behavior Analyst. 2004; 27: 209-230.