Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael Anand Chattergoon, M.D., Ph.D.
Robert Meyerhoff Assistant Professor of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: HCV/HIV Coinfection, Hepatitis B (HBV), Hepatitis C (HCV), HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Innate immunity to viruses, HIV , HCV, vaccine developemnt
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Blalock Specialty Clinic
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1900
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Chattergoon received his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine through the Medical Scientist Training Program and completed medical residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He completed fellowship training in Infectious Diseases at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine before transitioning to a faculty position. His primary clinical interest is management and treatment of viral hepatitis and HIV. His research interests include the study of innate immune system responses against chronic viral infections including hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Robert Meyerhoff Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2005)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Infectious Diseases (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2008)
Research & Publications
Technology Expertise KeywordsImmunology, Virology, Macrophage biology, T-cell biology
Activities & Honors
- American Association of Immunologists
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America