Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Kraig Scot Bower, M.D.
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cornea/Anterior Segment Disease, Ophthalmology , Refractive Surgery
Research Interests: refractive surgery; ocular trauma; teleophthalmology; ocular microbiology
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2802
10753 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Bel Air
Appointment Phone: 410-893-0480
620 Boulton Street
Bel Air, MD 21014 map
Dr. Kraig Scot Bower is an associate professor of ophthalmology and the director of refractive surgery at the Wilmer Eye Institute. He is a board-certified ophthalmologist and specializes in refractive surgery (LASIK), cornea and external diseases of the eye and anterior segment surgery. Dr. Bower is a retired Army colonel, Medical Corps. From 2001 to 2010, he was the director of refractive surgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and served as the Army's refractive surgery subject matter expert, advising the Army Surgeon General on laser refractive surgery and managing the Army's Warfighter Refractive Eye Surgery Program.
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (1984)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Ophthalmology (1995)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Cornea and External Diseases (1996)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1997, 2008)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons