Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Herman B Segal, M.D.
Expertise: Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Cardiology, Valvular Heart Disease
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Already a Patient?
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians - Heart Care
Appointment Phone: 301-681-9095
8630 Fenton St.
Silver Spring, MD 20910 map
Herman Segal, M.D., F.A.C.C., received his undergraduate education at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, ME, and his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine. After completing internal medicine training at Kings County Hospital/Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York and at the Boston VA Hospital, he undertook a three-year cardiology fellowship at the Harvard affiliated hospitals – The West Roxbury VA Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (formerly Peter Bent Brigham). Dr. Segal is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He practices clinical cardiology with a special interest in coronary and valvular heart disease. Dr. Segal has been recognized as one of the area’s “Top Doctors” several times by Washingtonian magazine.
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine (1965)
- Kings County Hospital Center / Medicine (1967)
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Boston) / Medicine (1968)
- Harvard Medical School / Medicine (1971)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (1973)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1970)