Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Lucia Angelica Rivera Lara, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Neurology
Research Interests: Cerebral autoregulation; Cerebral blood flow; Vasospasm in subarachnoid hemorrhage; Coma
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-5624
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- MD, Universidad Autonoma De San Luis Potosi (2006)
- University of Massachusetts Medical School / Neurology (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurocritical Care Medicine (2014)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology-General (2012, 2017)
Research & Publications
Robertson CS, Hannay HJ, Yamal JM, Gopinath S, Goodman JC, Tilley BC; Epo Severe TBI Trial Investigators, Baldwin A, Rivera Lara L, Saucedo-Crespo H, et al. Effect of erythropoietin and transfusion threshold on neurological recovery after traumatic brain injury: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2014 Jul 2;312(1):36-47.
Rivera-Lara Lucia, Zhang J, S. Muehlschlegel. Therapeutic hypothermia for acute neurological injuries. Neurotherapeutics. 2012 Jan;9(1):73-86.
Rangel-Castilla, Rivera-Lara L, Gopinath S, Swank PR, Valadka A, Robertson C. Cerebral hemodynamic effecs of acute hyperoxia and hyperventilation after severe traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 2010 Oct;27(10):1853-63.