Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Elizabeth Keats Reynolds, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Evaluation of mental health services; Behavioral interventions including behavioral activation and acceptance and mindfulness-based approaches (e.g., Dialectal Behavior Therapy); Development and maintenance of health risk behavior among children and adolescents ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Centers & Institutes
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Clinical Psychology
- BA, University of Michigan (2004)
- MS, University of Maryland Clinical Psychology (2008)
- Predoctoral Clinical Internship Brown University Clinical Psychology Training Consortium Clinical Psychology (2011)
- PhD, University of Maryland Clinical Psychology (2011)
Research & Publications
- Reynolds, E.K., Schreiber, W.M., Geisel, K., MacPherson, L., Ernst, M., & Lejuez, C.W. Influence of social stress on risk-taking behavior in adolescents. Journal of Anxiety Disorder. In press.
- Miranda, R., Reynolds, E., Ray, L., Justus, A., Knopik, V.S., McGeary, J., & Meyerson, L.A., Preliminary Evidence for a Gene-Environment Interaction in Predicting Alcohol Use Disorders in Adolescents. Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research. In press.
- McHugh, R. K., Reynolds, E. K., Leyro, T. M., & Otto, M. W. An examination of the association of distress intolerance and emotion regulation with avoidance. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 2013; 37: 363-367.
- Reynolds, E.K., MacPherson, L., Tull, M.T., Baruch, D.E., & Lejuez, C.W. Integrating behavioral activation into a college orientation program: problem drinking and depression outcomes. Journal of Counseling Psychology. 2011; 58: 555-564.
- Reynolds, E.K., MacPherson, L., Matusiewicz, A. & Lejuez, C.W. Discrepancy between parent and adolescent perceptions of parental monitoring and adolescent risk behavior engagement. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. 2011; 40: 67-79.
- MacPherson, L., Reynolds, E.K., Wang, F., Cassidy, J., Daughters, S.B., Mayes, L.C., & Lejuez, C.W. Positive and negative reinforcement underlying risk behavior engagement in early adolescents. Prevention Science. 2010; 11: 331-42.
- Reynolds, E.K., Magidson, J., Bornovalova, M.A., Gwadz, M., Ewart, C.K., Daughters, S.B., & Lejuez, C.W. Application of the Social Action Theory to understand factors associated with risky sexual behavior among individuals in residential substance abuse treatment. Psychology of Addictive Behavior. 2010; 24: 311-21.
- Williams, L.R., Fox, N.A., Lejuez, C. W., Reynolds, E.K., Henderson, H.A., Perez-Edgar, K.E., Steinberg, L., & Pine, D.S. (2010). Early temperament, propensity for risk-taking and adolescent substance use problems: A prospective multi-methodological approach. Addictive Behaviors. 2010; 35: 1148–1151.
- MacPherson, L., Magidson, J., Reynolds, E.K, Kahler, C.W., Lejuez, C.W. Change in risk taking propensity and sensation seeking over time predict alcohol use trajectories in early adolescence. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2010; 34: 1-9.
- Daughters, S.B., Reynolds, E.K., MacPherson, L., Kahler, C.W., Danielson, C.K., Zvolensky, M., & Lejuez, C.W. Distress tolerance and early adolescent externalizing and internalizing symptoms: The moderating role of gender and ethnicity. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2009; 47: 198-205.