Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael L Weinstein, M.D.
Capital Digestive Care and Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group
Appointment Phone: 301-654-2521
5550 Friendship Boulevard
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 map
Dr. Michael L. Weinstein is a gastroenterologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center and George Washington University Hospital, where he serves as an assistant clinical professor of medicine for the School of Medicine. Dr. Weinstein is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Capital Digestive Care and Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group, located in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Dr. Weinstein is vice president and a member of the Board of Managers for Capital Digestive Care, as well as the managing partner for Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group.
Dr. Weinstein earned his medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine, followed by a fellowship in gastroenterology at the U.S. Veterans Medical Center.
Dr. Weinstein has been named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine and Consumers’ Checkbook magazine, a Super Doctor by Washington Post magazine and a Regional Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Weinstein is vice president of the Maryland Patient Care and Access Coalition. He has served on the American Gastroenterological Association Board of Trustees and as the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy representative to the American Medical Association’s Current Procedural Terminology® Advisory Panel. Dr. Weinstein is currently a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, the Medical Society of the District of Columbia and the American Gastroenterological Association.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (1980)
- George Washington University School of Medicine / Medicine (1983)
- US Veterans Medical Center / Gastroenterology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1983)
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Super Doctor, Washington Post Magazine
- Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore, Castle Connolly
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
- The Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- Americal Gastroenterological Association
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
15 GI/Endoscopy Quality Metrics for Surgery Centers. Becker's GI & Endoscopy (10/08/2013)