I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Mark David Klaiman, M.D.
Specializes in: Children (1-11 years), Adults (18+ years), Adolescents (12-18 years)
Expertise: Acupuncture, Arthritis, Botox Spasticity Treatment, Brain Injury, Electrodiagnostic Medicine (EMG), General Pediatrics, Muscle Rehabilitation, Nerve Conduction, Pain Management, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Prosthetic Evaluation, Rehabilitation, Spinal Pain, Sports Injuries, Sports Medicine ...read more
Research Interests: Evaluation and Management of Musculoskeletal Soft Tissue Injuries
Mark Klaiman, MD
Appointment Phone: 301-493-8884
6400 Goldsboro Road
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Mark D. Klaiman is a physiatrist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital. Dr. Klaiman is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He practices out of Point Performance in Bethesda, Maryland, of which he is the co-founder.
Dr. Klaiman has expertise in medical acupuncture, treating acute and chronic spinal pain, sports injuries, soft tissues disorders, arthritis, and coordinating multiple disciplines and modalities to support optimal pain reduction.
Dr. Klaiman earned his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine. He completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at New York Presbyterian Hospital and went on to become a visiting associate in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Klaiman completed medical acupuncture training through the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
Dr. Klaiman has been named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine and Consumers’ Checkbook magazine, as well as a Regional Top Doctor for the Washington, D.C, Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Klaiman has been a fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation since 1994.
Dr. Klaiman has contributed to numerous publications and presentations on the evaluation and management of musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries.
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sackler School of Medicine (1989)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Campus / Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (1993)
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab / Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (1994)
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore, Castle Connolly
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 1994