Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Clare Rock, M.B.B.Ch.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Role of human factors in infection prevention; Role of patient environment in infection transmission; Novel infection-related outcome measures for quality of care ...read more
Dr. Clare Rock is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is infectious diseases.
Dr. Rock earned her M.B.B.Ch. at the University College Dublin School of Medicine, National University of Ireland.
Her research interests include the role of human factors in preventing infection; the role of the patient environment in infection transmission; and novel infection-related outcome measures for care quality.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- M.B.B.Ch., University College Dublin, National University of Ireland (Ireland) (2004)
Activities & Honors
- Resident Grand Rounds Competition Winner, Connolly Hospital, Ireland
- Outstanding Teaching Award, University College Cork and South Tipperary General Hospital
- Infectious Diseases Society of Ireland Research Award, Infectious Diseases Society of Ireland Research Award, Ireland
- Ireland Fellows’ Clinical Case presentation winner, Infectious Diseases Society of Ireland Annual Scientific Meeting
- ECCMID Award for high-quality abstract, European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) Award for high-quality abstract Milan, Italy
- Trainee Travel Grant for Excellence in Abstract Submission ID Week™, IDSA
- SHEA Epi Project Grant Award Winner, Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- Jonathan Freeman Scholarship SHEA Conference Award, Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- Graduate Program in Life Sciences MS Scholar Award
- Top 5 Best Scientific Abstracts -Spring 2015, Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), 2011
- Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America (SHEA), 2011
- American Society of Microbiology (ASM), 2014