Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jessica Curley Hankinson, M.A., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Behavioral Medicine, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Pediatric Medical Psychology, Psychologist
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
Appointment Phone: 410-614-2401
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Kennedy Krieger Institute / Pediatric Psychology (2011)
Research & Publications
- Hankinson, J.C., Eldridge, M., Ostrander, R., Shah, B., Reynolds, E., Perry-Parrish, C., Specht, M., & Gearhart, J.P. 2014. Emotional and behavioral functioning in children with bladder exstrophy-epispadias complex: A developmental perspective. Journal of Pediatric Urology.
- Hankinson, J.C. & Slifer, K.J. 2013. Behavioral treatments to improve pill swallowing and adherence in an adolescent with renal and connective tissue diseases. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology.
- Slifer, K.J., Hankinson, J.C., Zettler, M.A., Frutchey, R., Hendricks, M., Ward, C.M., & Reesman, J. (2011). Distraction, exposure therapy, counterconditioning, and topical anesthetic for acute pain management during needle sticks in children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Clinical Pediatrics, 50, 688-697.
- Hankinson, J. C., Thurston, I. B., Fields, S., Rojas, A., Kamboukos, D. and Phares, V. (2010). The connections between individual therapy in the family and adolescents' emotional/behavioral problems. In F. Columbus (Ed.), Family therapy. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Phares, V., Rojas, A., Thurston, I.B., & Hankinson, J.C. (2010). Including fathers in clinical interventions for children and adolescents. In M. Lamb (Ed.), The role of the father in child development, 5th Edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.