Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Erica Nicole Johnson, M.D.
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Infectious Disease
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0501
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Erica Johnson, M.D., earned an undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia, followed by a medical degree at the University of Maryland. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC, and a fellowship in infectious diseases at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Johnson is board-certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases. She serves a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and recently completed 11 years as a medical corps officer in the United States Army, where she served as associate program director for the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (SAUSHEC) Internal Medicine Residency and Infectious Disease Fellowship Programs at BAMC. She also held an appointment as assistant professor of medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.
Dr. Johnson has research interests in infections associated with combat trauma and deployment infection control, as well as HIV outcomes, gender-based health issues, and disparities in care.
- Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD; Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine (2003)
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2006)
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium / Infectious Diseases (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2006, 2016)