I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
William Albert Houck, III, M.D.
Expertise: Breast Cancer, Medical Oncology
Research Interests: Breast Cancer
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (1998)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education / Internal Medicine (2001)
- Indiana University School of Medicine / Hematology and Oncology (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2001)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (2004)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsBreast Cancer Clinical Trials
Selected PublicationsHouck W, Abonour R, Vance G, Einhorn L. Secondary leukemias in refractory germ cell tumor patients undergoing autologous stem-cell transplantation using high-dose etoposide. J Clin Onc 22:2155-2158, 2004
Houck W, Einhorn L. Secondary leukemias in germ cell tumor patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplant utilizing high dose etoposide. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 22:390, 2003 (abstr 1566)
Houck W, Miller K, Schneider B. Targeting HER2, EGFR, and VEGF in breast cancer; therapeutic potential and current results. Medscape Hematology-Oncology eJournal. 2003 Jan 27
Schneider B, Houck W, Sledge G. Targeted Therapy in Breast Cancer. Diseases of the Breast Updates. 6 (3), 1-13, 2003
Houck WA, Soares-Welch CV, Montori VM, Li JT. Learning the thyroid examination a multimodality intervention for internal medicine residents. Teach Learn Med 14(1):24-8, 2002 Winter
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Virginia Association of Hematologists and Oncologists