I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Alyssa Maria Parian, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Clostridium Difficile, Crohn's Disease, Diarrhea, Gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Microscopic colitis, Proctitis, Ulcerative Colitis
Research Interests: inflammatory bowel disease associated cancers; IBD clinical trials; IBD extra intestinal manifestations
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0790
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - White Marsh
Appointment Phone: 443-442-2200
4924 Campbell Boulevard
Nottingham, MD 21236 map
Dr. Alyssa Parian received her Internal Medicine training at New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell in New York City. Her Gastroenterology training was completed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. During her Gastroenterology fellowship, she pursued a special interest in inflammatory bowel diseases and specializes in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Dr. Parian has a busy clinical practice of IBD patients for whom she manages their immunosuppressant medications, coordinates their infusions and performs regular surveillance colonoscopies with chromoendoscopy for colorectal cancer prevention.
Dr. Parian’s research focuses on dysplasia and colon cancer in IBD patients and emerging endoscopic technologies for the treatment of IBD and IBD complications. She has presented three oral presentations on her research at Digestive Disease Week and numerous poster presentations. She works closely with basic scientists to discover early markers of dysplasia.
Dr. Parian also is passionate about teaching and is engaged in the education of the medical students, residents and fellows. She frequently moderates resident morning report and presents noon lectures to the residents. She is involved in small group learning of GI illnesses in the medical school and teaches history and physical exam skills to the medical students. She has been invited to give multiple lectures locally as well as nationally on her research and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Rutgers - New Jersey Medical School (2008)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Campus / Internal Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
Activities & Honors
- Arnold P Gold Foundation Award, 2005
- Columbian Society Scholarship, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2008
- Assistant Chief Resident , 2011
- Investing in Future: Clinical Research in IBD , 2013
- ACG, 2009
- AGA, 2009
- CCFA, 2011