Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Christophe C. Jouny, M.S., Ph.D.
Co-director of Epilepsy Research Laboratory
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Research Interests: Computer-assisted signal processing; Epilepsy; EEG
As Co-director of Johns Hopkins’ Epilepsy Research Laboratory, Dr. Jouny manages research projects in collaboration with clinical teams and enhances the synergy between clinical and research branches of the Epilepsy Center. His areas of expertise include analysis of electrophysiological signals, time-frequency analysis, neural networks, biomedical data analysis and signal processing. His roles also include establishing procedures and technical requirements for the team’s research operations, centralizing and securing patient-related data. In addition to his work at the Epilepsy Center, Dr. Jouny also serves as Senior IT Administrator for Johns Hopkins University
- Co-director of Epilepsy Research Laboratory
- Associate Director of Clinical Neurophysiology IT
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Centers & Institutes
- M.S., Ecole Nationale Supericure de Physique de Strasbourg (France) (1991)
- Ph.D., Louis Pasteur University (France) (1997)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
1.Jouny CC, Franaszczuk PJ, Bergey GK. Characterization of epileptic seizures dynamics using Gabor atom density. Clin Neurophysiol. 2003; 114:426-437.
2. Jouny CC, Franaszczuk PJ, Bergey GK. Signal Complexity and Synchrony of Epileptic Seizures: Is there an Identifiable Preictal Period? Clin Neurophysiol. 2005; 116(3):552-558.
3. Jouny CC, Adamolekun B, Franaszczuk PJ, Bergey GK. Intrinsic Ictal Dynamics at the Seizure Focus: Effects of Secondary Generalization Revealed by Complexity Measures. Epilepsia. 2007 Feb; 48(2):297-304.
4. Afra P, Jouny CC, Bergey GK. Duration of Complex Partial Seizures: An Intracranial EEG Study. Epilepsia. 2008 April; 49(4):677-684.
5. Jouny CC, Franaszczuk PJ, Bergey GK. Partial Seizures Are Associated with Early Increases in Signal Complexity. Clin Neurophysiol. 2010; 121:7-13.
6. Jouny CC, Franaszczuk PJ, Bergey GK. Improving Early Seizure Detection. Epilepsy Behav. 2011; 22(S1):44-48.
7. Liu CC, Franaszczuk P, Crone NE, Jouny C, Lenz FA. Studies of properties of "Pain Networks" as predictors of targets of stimulation for treatment of pain. Front Integr Neurosci. 2011;5:80.
8. Jouny CC, Bergey GK. Characterization of early partial seizure onset: Frequency, complexity and entropy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2012; 123(4):658-669.
9. Korzeniewska A, Cervenka MC, Jouny CC, Perilla JR, Harezlak J, Bergey GK, Franaszczuk PJ, Crone NE. Ictal propagation of high frequency activity is recapitulated in interictal recordings: effective connectivity of epileptogenic networks recorded with intracranial EEG. Neuroimage. 2014 Nov 1;101:96-113. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2014.06.078.
10. Malinowska U, Bergey GK, Harezlak J, Jouny CC. Identification of seizure onset zone and preictal state based on characteristics of high frequency oscillations. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014:S1388-2457. (14)00798-6. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2014.11.007.
Activities & Honors
- IEEE EMBS
- IEEE SPS