I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Lana Lee, M.D.
Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Pediatric, Adolescent, and Young Adult HIV/AIDS Program
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Korean
Expertise: Infectious Disease
Research Interests: Infectious diseases; HIV
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Lana Lee is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is an adolescent medicine physician-investigator whose clinical and research interests focus on establishing effective patient-centered care strategies for young people living with HIV in the US and abroad.
She is board-certified in internal medicine, pediatrics and adolescent medicine, and has been providing HIV care for children, youth and adults for more than seven years, including two years in rural South Africa. She is currently the medical director of the Johns Hopkins Pediatric, Adolescent and Young Adult HIV/AIDS Program and is a clinical associate and part-time instructor in the Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Lee earned her M.D. at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. She completed residencies at Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale University School of Medicine’s Department of Internal Medicine. She completed a fellowship in pediatric infectious diseases at Parkland Health & Hospital System and a fellowship in adolescent medicine at Johns Hopkins.
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Pediatric, Adolescent, and Young Adult HIV/AIDS Program
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Illinois at Chicago (2004)
- Yale-New Haven Hospital / Medicine and Pediatrics (2007)
- Yale Department of Internal Medicine / Medicine and Pediatrics (2008)
- Parkland Health & Hospital Systems / Pediatric Infectious Diseases (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Adolescent Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2008)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Adolescent Medicine (2014)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2009)
Research & Publications
Dr. Lee’s research focuses on effective patient-centered care for youth with HIV. She has examined HIV providers’ decision-making factors for treatment initiation among young people and evaluated the availability of youth-targeted clinic services in the US. She also received a Fogarty Global Health Fellowship to perform research on youth-friendly HIV care in Uganda.
Activities & Honors
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowship