Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Brian Hansen Ladle, M.D., Ph.D.
Instructor of Oncology
Expertise: Medical Oncology, Pediatric Cancer, Pediatric Sarcoma
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-8751
1800 Orleans St.
The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center Building, 11th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Instructor of Oncology
- Instructor of Pediatrics
Centers & Institutes
- MD PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center / Pediatrics (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Hematology & Oncology (2013)
- National Institutes of Health-Credentialing Services Section / Pediatric Hematology & Oncology (2014)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (2015)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2011, 2017)
- Maryland Medical License, Maryland Board of Physicians (2009)
- Certification in Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics (2011)
- Certification in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, American Board of Pediatrics (2015)
Research & Publications
A.M. Ercolini and B.H. Ladle (co-first authorship), E.A. Manning, L. Pfannenstiel, T.D. Armstrong, J.P.H. Machiels, J.G. Bieler, L.A. Emens, R.T. Reilly, E.M. Jaffee. Recruitment of latent pools of high avidity CD8+ T cells to the anti-tumor immune response. The Journal of Experimental Medicine. 2005 May 16;201(10):1591-602.
S. Murata, B.H. Ladle, P.S. Kim, E.R. Lutz, M.E. Wolpoe, S.E. Ivie, H.M. Smith, T.D. Armstrong, L.A. Emens, E.M. Jaffee, R.T. Reilly. OX40 Costimulation Synergizes with GM-CSF Whole-cell Vaccination to Overcome Established CD8+ T cell Tolerance to an Endogenous Tumor Antigen. The Journal of Immunology. 2006 Jan. 15; 176(2):974-83.
D.T. Le and B.H. Ladle (co-first authorship), T. Lee, V. Weiss, X. Yao, A. Leubner, T.D. Armstrong, E.M. Jaffee. CD8+ Foxp3+ tumor infiltrating lymphocytes accumulate in the context of an effective anti-tumor response. International Journal of Cancer. 2011 Aug 1;129(3):636-47.
R.M. Thomas, C.J. Gamper, B.H. Ladle, J.D. Powell, A.D. Wells. De novo DNA methylation is required to restrict T helper lineage plasticity. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 Jun 29;287(27):22900-9.
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2012
- Children's Oncology Group, 2014
- American Society for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2015