Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Christopher J Cannova, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years), Adolescents (12-18 years), Children (1-11 years)
Expertise: ACL reconstruction, Arthroscopic Surgery, Hip Replacement, Joint Reconstruction, Joint Replacement, Knee Joint Arthroscopy, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Total Joint Replacement ...read more
Appointment Phone: 301-530-1010
10215 Fernwood Road
Camalier Building Suite 506
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr.Cannova has more than 16 years of experiences as an Orthopedic Surgeon.
Completing his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University, Dr. Cannova followed this with a fellowship in Joint Reconstruction at the Hospital for Special Surgery/ Cornell University Medical Center in New York. This training included complex total joint replacement and revision total joint surgery. In addition, Dr. Cannova is specialty trained in the newest techniques of minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery including partial joint replacement, joint resurfacing, and alternative bearing joints. His areas of expertise are joint reconstruction and total joint replacement.
Dr. Cannova accepts several types of health insurance. He is one of 46 doctors at Sibley Memorial Hospital and one of 29 at Suburban Hospital who specialize in Orthopedic Surgery.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine (1998)
- Georgetown University Hospital / Orthopaedic Surgery (2004)
- The Hospital for Special Surgery / Adult Reconstruction Surgery (2005)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Orthopaedic Surgery (2007, 2017)
Research & Publications
- Colletti, S. L., Myers, R. W., Darkin-Rattray, S. J., Gurnett, A. M., Dulski, P. M., Galuska, S., Allocco, J. J., Ayer, M. B., Li, C., Lim, J., Crumley, T. M., Cannova, C., Schmatz, D. M., Wyvratt, M. J., Fisher, M. H., Meinke, P. T. "Broad spectrum antiprotozoal agents that inhibit histone deacetylase: structure-activity relationships of apicidin. Part 2." Bioorg Med Chem Lett
- Colletti, S. L., Myers, R. W., Darkin-Rattray, S. J., Gurnett, A. M., Dulski, P. M., Galuska, S., Allocco, J. J., Ayer, M. B., Li, C., Lim, J., Crumley, T. M., Cannova, C., Schmatz, D. M., Wyvratt, M. J., Fisher, M. H., Meinke, P. T. "Broad spectrum antiprotozoal agents that inhibit histone deacetylase: structure-activity relationships of apicidin. Part 1." Bioorg Med Chem Lett
- Darkin-Rattray, S. J., Gurnett, A. M., Myers, R. W., Dulski, P. M., Crumley, T. M., Allocco, J. J., Cannova, C., Meinke, P. T., Colletti, S. L., Bednarek, M. A., Singh, S. B., Goetz, M. A., Dombrowski, A. W., Polishook, J. D., Schmatz, D. M. "Apicidin: a novel antiprotozoal agent that inhibits parasite histone deacetylase." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Activities & Honors
- Most Outstanding Intern in Neurology, St. Luke’s Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Dr. Christopher Cannova, Orthopedic Surgeon