Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Milap Anil Nowrangi, M.D., M.S.
Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks Sibley Memorial Hospital
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Alzheimer's Disease (AD), Dementia, Geriatric Psychiatry, Memory Disorders, Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences ...read more
Research Interests: Magnetic resonance neuroimaging methods to study functional and anatomical connectivity of cognitive networks.; Neuro-anatomical correlates of executive function in mild cognitive impairment. ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-6337
5300 Alpha Commons Drive
Department of Psychiatry Room 451
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Milap Nowrangi, M.D., MS, is an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and medical director of the Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks, at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Board-certified in psychiatry and neurology, Dr. Nowrangi specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of age-related cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias. He also is interested in the treatment or management of behavioral and cognitive sequelae of neurological diseases, including those caused by traumatic brain injury, stroke, epilepsy or toxic exposures.
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- Psychiatry at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Loma Linda University School of Medicine (2006)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University / Psychiatry (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2012)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry-General (2011)
Research & Publications
- Nowrangi, MA, Okonkwo, O, Lyketsos, CG, Oishi, K, Mori, S, Albert, A, Mielke, M. Atlas-Based Diffusion Tensor Imaging Correlates of Executive Functioning in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Disease. (In Review).
- Nowrangi, MA, Lyketsos, CG, Rao, VR, Munro, C. Systematic Review of Neuroimaging Correlates of Executive Function: Converging Agreement Across Multiple Disease States. (In press - Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences)
- Nowrangi, MA, Rao, VR. A Perspectives Approach to Suicide After Traumatic Brain Injury: Case and Review. (In Review)
- Nowrangi, MA, Lyketsos, CG, Oishi, K, Albert, A, Mori, S, Mielke, M. Longitudinal, region specific course of diffusion tensor imaging measures in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Dementia. Alzheimer's & Dementia (2012), DOI: 10.1016/j.jalz.2012.05.2186.
- Nowrangi, MA, Rao, V, Lyketsos, CG. Epidemiology, Assessment and Treatment of Dementia. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2011 Jun;34(2): 275-94, vii.
- Dunn, LB, Nowrangi, MA, Palmer, BW, Jeste, DV, Saks, ER. Assessing Decisional Capacity for Clinical Research or Treatment: A Review of Instruments. American Journal of Psychiatry 2006; 163: 1323-1334