I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Jin Hui Joo, M.A., M.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Languages: English, Korean
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry , Dementia, Depression
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Jin Hui Joo is a Johns Hopkins Community Physician and an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is board certified in general psychiatry.
Dr. Joo has an expertise in adult psychiatry, focusing particularly on the diagnosis and treatment of late-life depression and the management of dementia.
Dr. Joo earned her medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She completed a residency in psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania Health System School of Medicine, as well as a fellowship in psychiatry.
Dr. Joo received a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health to conduct research on using peers to engage minority older adults in depression care.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- Psychiatry at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (2004)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Psychiatry (2008)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Psychiatry (2011)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry-General (2010)
Research & Publications
- Joo JH, Wittink M, Dahlberg B. Shared Conceptualizations and Divergent Experiences of Counseling Among African American and White Older Adults. Qualitative Health Research. Aug 2011;21(8):1065-1074.
- Bogner HR, O'Donnell AJ, de Vries HF, Northington GM, Joo J. The temporal relationship between anxiety disorders and urinary incontinence among community-dwelling adults. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. Mar 2011;25(2):203-208.
- Joo J, Morales KH, de Vries HF, Gallo JJ. Disparity in use of psychotherapy offered in primary care between older African-American and white adults: results from a practice-based depression intervention trial. Journal of American Geriatric Society. Jan 2010;58(1):154-160.
- Wittink MN, Joo J, Lewis LM, Barg FK. Losing faith and using faith: older African Americans discuss spirituality, religious activities, and depression. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Mar 2009;24(3):402-407.
- Joo J, Solano FX, Mulsant BH, Reynolds CF, Lenze EJ. Predictors of adequacy of depression management in the primary care setting. Psychiatric Services. Dec 2005;56(12):1524-1528.
- Joo J, Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, et al. Risk factors for falls during treatment of late-life depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. Oct 2002;63(10):936-941.