I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Paul Gray Ruff, IV, M.D.
Expertise: Body Contouring, Breast Reconstruction, Plastic Surgery, PlasticSurgery
Metropolitan Institute for Plastic Surgery
Appointment Phone: 202-785-4187
2440 Main Street NW
Washington, DC 20037 map
Dr. Paul G. Ruff IV is a plastic surgeon affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Suburban Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University Hospital, where he serves as assistant professor of clinical plastic surgery for the School of Medicine. Dr. Ruff is board certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He practices out of West End Plastic Surgery, located in Washington, D.C., of which he is the founder.
Dr. Ruff has expertise in breast reconstruction and body contouring.
Dr. Ruff earned his medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School. He completed residencies in general surgery and surgical critical care at Washington Hospital Center, where he served as chief administrative resident. Dr. Ruff went on to complete a fellowship in plastic surgery at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center, where he earned the Chairman's Prize. During his education, Dr. Ruff volunteered his time to help cleft lip and palate patients at Operation Smile and accompanied the InterfaceUCSD medical mission group on eight trips to Mexico, performing reconstructive procedures on children in underserved areas. Dr. Ruff currently works with The Future of Nicaragua Foundation and founded Wrinkle Erase for the Cause, a non-profit event that raises money for breast cancer research.
Dr. Ruff has been named a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine. He was awarded the Gould Award from Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Ruff has been featured on ABC's Bachelor in Paradise and Fox 5 News.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School (1993)
- Washington Hospital Center / Surgery (1999)
- University of California / Plastic Surgery (2001)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (2003)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery- General (2000)
Research & Publications
Ruff IV PG. "Neuromuscular Blockers in Guttenberg, S (Eds): Cosmesis of the Face, Mouth and Jaws." John Wiley and Sons, 2012.
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Gould Award, Washington Hospital Center
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- Spirit of Giving Award, Future of Nicaragua Foundation, 2012
- The Noelle Soderberg-Evans Award for Philanthropy, 2012
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- National Capitol Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Wound Healing Society
- UnderSea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- Osler Society of Washington, D.C.
- Founder, Wrinkle Erase for the Cause, Washington, D.C.
A non-profit event that raises money for breast cancer research.