Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
David Brian Glasser, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cataracts, Corneal Disorders, Eye Conditions, Ophthalmology
Request an Appointment
Patapsco Eye MDs
Appointment Phone: 443-283-8800
6350 Stevens Forest Road
Columbia, MD 21046 map
Dr. David Glasser is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include corneal and external diseases.
Dr. Glasser received his undergraduate degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He earned his medical degree from Albany Medical College, and completed his residency at the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute. He completed a Cornea and External Disease Clinical Fellowship and Corneal Physiology Research Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Glasser was in private practice, served as head of cornea/external disease, and later chief of Ophthalmology at Patuxent Medical Group in Columbia, Maryland, where he was on the Board of Directors from 1997-2001. Since 2004, Dr. Glasser has served as the Managing Partner of Patapsco Eye MDs. For the past 14 years he has also been a Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Albany Medical College of Union University (1979)
- UCLA Medical Center - Jules Stein Eye Institute / Ophthalmology (1983)
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals / Ophthalmology (1985)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1984)
Activities & Honors
- James E. McDonald Lecturer, Loyola University of Chicago, 2011
- Physician's Recognition Award, American Medical Association, 1985 - 2007
- President's Award, Lions Eye Bank and Research Foundation of Maryland, 1994 - 1995
- Secretariat Award Federal Affairs, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2004 - 2004
- Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2008 - 2008
- Allan Jensen Faculty Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute, 2009 - 2009
- Thomas H. Pettit Lecturer, UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute, 2009 - 2009
- Secretariat Award, Education, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2009 - 2009
- Eye Bank Association of America, 1992
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1999
- Cornea Society, 2000 - 2013
- Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, 2008
- Cornea Society: Past President, Member with Thesis, 2012 - 2013
- Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons: President, 2014
- Eye Bank Association of America: Chairman of the Board, 2014
- American Medical Association: Member
- MedChi – The Maryland State Medical Society: Member
- Paton Society: Member
- Editorial Board, Cornea Journal, 2004
- Consultant, FDA Ophthalmic Device Panel, 2007
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
The Magnitude of Ocular Surface Disease and Evidence-based Treatment Options- Case Study: Discomfort and Photophobia
Case Study , Johns Hopkins Medicine Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology , Baltimore, MD
The Magnitude of Ocular Surface Disease and Evidence-based Treatment Options- Magnitude of Problem and Burden of Dry Eye Syndrome
Case Study , Chicago, IL
Johns Hopkins Medicine Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology
Case Studies in Donor Eligibility
Case Study , 11th Annual FDA and the Changing Paradigm for HCT/P Regulation , Bethesda, MD