Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Edward J Bieber, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years), Children (1-11 years), Adolescents (12-18 years)
Expertise: Arthroscopic Surgery, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Hand Surgery, Hip Replacement, Joint Replacement, Knee Replacement, Microvascular Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Reconstructive Surgery, Rotator Cuff, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Trauma, Upper Extremity ...read more
Appointment Phone: 301-530-1010
10215 Fernwood Road
Camalier Building Suite 506
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Since 1986, Dr.Bieber has been practicing orthopaedic surgery; he is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and also in Hand Surgery. Dr. Bieber is interested in all areas of orthopaedics, with special interest in reconstruction, trauma, arthroscopy, and sports medicine of the upper extremity, including the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder.Dr.Bieber is a consultant for hand and upper extremity surgery at the National Institutes of Health. He has served as Chairman of the Department of Surgery and Chairman of the Medical Staff at Suburban Hospital and as President of the Washington Orthopaedic Society. Visit Dr.Bieber's website and OrthoBethesda.com for more information.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1978)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Orthopaedic Surgery (1985)
- Mayo Clinic Department of Orthopedics / Orthopaedic Surgery (1986)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Hand Surgery (1989)
- American Board of Surgery / Orthopaedic Surgery (1988)
Activities & Honors
- President, Washington Orthopaedic Society
- Chairman, Department of Surgery and Chairman of the Medical Staff at Suburban Hospital
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Washington Orthopaedic Society
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Orthopedic Surgeon Trauma Arthroscopy