Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Giulio Agnetti, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: cardiovascular disease, heart failure
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine - Cardiovascular
- Ph.D., University of Bologna (Italy) (2005)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Manual of Cardiovascular Proteomics: a Primer for Students, Physicians and Research Scientists", Agnetti G, Foster DB, Lindsey M. Springer Ed. 2016.
Agnetti G, Dunn MJ. "A Historical Perspective on Cardiovascular Proteomics" Manual of Cardiovascular Proteomics, Springer Ed. 2016
Di Silvestre D, Brambilla F, Agnetti G and Mauri P. "Bottom-Up Proteomics" Manual of Cardiovascular Proteomics, Springer Ed. 2016
Wright I, Agnetti G and Van Eyk JE. "Mass Spectrometry: Bridging the Gap from Discovery to Patient Care" Manual of Cardiovascular Proteomics, Springer Ed. 2016
Co-Editor: Special Issue on "Alternatives to Transplantation in the Treatment of Heart Failure: New Diagnostic and Therapeutic Insights" Agnetti G, Piepoli MF, Siniscalchi G, Nicolini F; BioMed Res Int – in press.
Activities & Honors
- Best Talk and Innovation Award, Italian Society of Cardiovascular Research, 2015 - 2016
- Finalist of the Young Investigator Award, International Society of Heart Research (North American Section) conference, 2012 - 2013
- Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA), Council of Functional Genomics and Translational Biology, 2012
- Professional member of American Heart Association.
- Member of the International Society of Heart Research
- Member of Biophysical Society
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Organizer, Chair and Speaker of the symposium “Protein Misfolding in the Heart: History and New Developments”
Lecture , American Heart Association Scientific Session 2016 , New Orleans, LA (01/01/2016)
Chair of the session “Systems Biology and Genetic Approaches to Novel Therapeutics”
Lecture , Basic Cardiovascular Sciences (BCVS) of the American Heart Association , Phoenix, AZ (01/01/2016)
Invited Speaker on “Phosphorylated desmin at serine 31: a likely seed for preamyloid oligomers formation in non-genetic heart failure”
Lecture , Gordon Research Conference on Intermediate Filaments 2016 , Stoweflake, VT (01/01/2016)