I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Eric Lowell Singman, M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, General Eye Service
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Double Vision, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Eye Pain, Headache, Lyme Disease, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology
Research Interests: Telemedicine
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5080
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Eric L. Singman, M.D., Ph.D., is an assistant professor of ophthalmology and director of the General Eye Service at the Wilmer Eye Institute. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and has subspecialty training in neuro-ophthalmology. His clinical expertise includes diagnosis of visual dysfunction after brain injury. Dr. Singman also has a particular interest in teaching health care providers to recognize the visual sequela of traumatic brain injury. His research interests have focused on automation of the eye exam.
Dr. Singman received his M.D. and Ph.D. (in neuroscience) at the SUNY Downstate School of Medicine. He completed his ophthalmology residency at SUNY Downstate and his neuro-ophthalmology fellowship training at the Kingsbrook Jewish Hospital. After his fellowship, Dr. Singman practiced neuro-ophthalmology for 14 years in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and was also an attending neuro-ophthalmologist at the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, as well as at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. Prior to joining the Wilmer faculty, Dr. Singman served as a subject matter expert for the neuro-ophthalmology of brain injury at the Department of Defense Vision Center of Excellence.
- Chief, General Eye Service
- Director, Vision After Brain Injury Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, SUNY at Brooklyn College of Medicine (1992)
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center - College of Medicine / Ophthalmology (1996)
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center / Ophthalmology (1997)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1997, 2005)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmologic Society (NANOS)
- The Coalition Against Pediatric Pain (TCAPP)