Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Christopher Joseph Abularrage, M.D.
Director, Diabetic Foot and Wound Clinic
Associate Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Aneurysms, Angioplasty, Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Stent-Grafts/Endografts, Aortic Surgery, Arterial Aneurysm, Arterial Occlusive Disease, Atherosclerosis, Carotid Artery Disease, Carotid Artery Stenosis, Carotid Artery Stenting, Carotid Body Tumors, Carotid Endarterectomy, Chronic Total Occlusions, Claudication, Diabetes, Diabetes and Heart Research, Diabetic Foot Care, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Diabetic Wound Care , Emboli-Protection Devices, Endovascular Interventions, Endovascular Surgery, Endovascular Therapies, Extractional Atherectomy, General Vascular Surgery, Intermittent Claudication, Laser Atherectomy, Limb Salvage Surgery, Lower Extremity Angioplasty, Lower Extremity Revascularization, Lower Extremity Stenting, Mesenteric Arterial Insufficiency, Minimally Invasive Endovascular Aneurysm Repair, Minimally Invasive Interventions, Non-Invasive Flow Studies (NIFS), Peripheral Angiography, Peripheral Arterial Aneurysms, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Redo Lower Extremity Vascular Reconstruction, Renal Artery Disease, Renal Vascular Disease, Rotational Atherectomy, Stenting, Stroke, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms, Thoracic Imaging, Thoracic Surgery, Treatment of Bypass Graft Disease with Distal Protection Devices, Vascular Disease , Vascular Surgery, Venous Thromboembolism, Visceral Angioplasty, Visceral Stenting, Visceral Vessel Reconstruction ...read more
Research Interests: Outcomes in aneurysm repair; Peripheral endovascular interventions
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5174
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Abularrage is a distinguished fellow to the Society of the American Board of Surgery and a recipient of the Zehner Award given by the Washington D.C. Chapter of the American College of Surgeons and the R. Clement Darling, Jr. Award given by the New England Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Director, Diabetic Foot and Wound Clinic
- Associate Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (2001)
- Georgetown University Hospital / General Surgery (2008)
- Massachusetts General Hospital / Vascular Surgery (2010)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery (2008)
- American Board of Surgery / Vascular Surgery (2011)
Activities & Honors
- R. Clement Darling Jr. Award, New England Society for Vascular Surgery
- Zehner Award, Washington D.C. Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha (National Medical Honor Society)
- Phi Beta Kappa (National Honor Society)
- Society of the American Board of Surgery
Videos & Media
About Abdominal Aortic and Thoracic Aneurysms
Meet our Experts - Dr. Christopher Abularrage
Dr. Abularrage is a vascular surgeon whose primary clinical focus is caring for patients were peripheral vascular disease as well as those needing care for diabetic foot ulcers.