Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Hsin-Chieh Yeh, Ph.D.
Sr. Epidemiologist, Osler Housestaff Research Program
Associate Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Epidemiology; Diabetes; Cancer; Obesity
Dr. Hsin-Chieh "Jessica" Yeh is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the General Internal Medicine Division, and is also a core faculty member at the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research. Her research focuses on clinical trials and cohort studies of diabetes, obesity, cancer, and hypertension. She serves as PI or co-investigator in numerous studies funded by government agencies including NIDDK, NHLBI, NCI, AHRQ, HRSA, and the State of Maryland. Dr. Yeh has published numerous high-impact articles in clinical trials, complex surveys, large cohort studies, large administrative databases, and meta-analyses. She directs the General Internal Medicine-Welch Center Methods Core. In School of Public Health, she is the director of the Epidemiology of Diabetes and Obesity course.
Dr. Yeh received a bachelor’s degree from the National Taiwan University and a PhD in Epidemiology from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health before joining the Johns Hopkins faculty. Her work has been recognized with a Michaela Modan Award from the American Diabetes Association Interest Group on Epidemiology and Statistics, a Society for Epidemiologic Research Student Workshop Travel Award and a National Taiwan University Undergraduate Award.
- Sr. Epidemiologist, Osler Housestaff Research Program
- Director, GIM Methods Core
- Director, JHU-UMD Diabetes Research Center Health Care and Population Science Core
- Core Faculty Member, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor of Oncology
Centers & Institutes
- B.S., National Taiwan University (Taiwan) (1990)
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University (Maryland) (1998)