I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Anthony J Accurso, M.D.
Faculty Director, Providers for Responsible Ordering (PRO)
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Expertise: Chemical Dependence, Internal Medicine
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2999
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Asthma and Allergy Center
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Anthony Accurso grew up in New York City and attended Hunter College High School. He received his B.A. with honors in Biology from Dartmouth College in 1999. He taught high school science for six years before starting medical school. He completed medical school at SUNY Downstate, in Brooklyn NY. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview, during which time he did clinical work at the Comprehensive Care Practice. He joined the faculty as part of the Comprehensive Care Practice in 2013, where he serves as the Director of Resident Education. He is the faculty director of Providers for Responisble Ordering, a group that promotes high-value care.
- Faculty Director, Providers for Responsible Ordering (PRO)
- Director of Resident Education, Comprehensive Care Practice
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, SUNY at Brooklyn College of Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2013)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2013, 2015)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Gold Humanism Award, 2010
- American College of Physicians
- Physicians for a National Health Program.
- Society of General Internal Medicine