I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Susrutha Kotwal, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Hindi, Nepalese
Expertise: Internal Medicine, Medical Education
Research Interests: Medical Education; Clinical Reasoning; Clinical Excellence and Patient Safety
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Susrutha Kotwal is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is internal medicine.
He earned his medical degree at Jawaharla Nehru Medical College in India and joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2012.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBBS, Jawaharla Nehru Medical College (2005)
- American Board of Family Medicine / Family Medicine (2012)
- Academic Hospital Medicine Fellowship, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD/Hospital Medicine (2013)
Research & Publications
Torok H, Ghazarian SR, Kotwal S, Landis R, Wright S, Howell E. Development and validation of the tool to assess inpatient satisfaction with care from hospitalists. J Hosp Med. 2014 Sep;9(9):553-8
Kotwal S, Torok H, Khaliq W, Landis R, Howell E, Wright S. Comportment and Communication Patterns among Hospitalist Physicians: Insight gleaned through observation. South Med J. 2015 Aug;108(8):496-501
Torok H, Kotwal S, Landis R, Ozumba U, Howell E, Wright S. Providing Feedback on Clinical Performance to Hospitalists: Experience using a new metric, Tool to Assess Inpatient Satisfaction with Care from Hospitalists. J of Contin Educ Health Prof. 2016 Winter;36(1):61-8
Kotwal S, Khaliq W, Landis R, Wright S. Developing a comportment and communication tool for use in hospital medicine. J Hosp Med. 2016. Aug 13. doi: 10.1002/jhm.2647
Kotwal S, Howell E, Brotman D, Wright S. Clinical Excellence in Hospital Medicine. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. Vol 4, No 3. 2016
Activities & Honors
- CIMS/Hospitalist Teaching Award 2015, Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine
- Outstanding Resident of the year 2012, Guthrie/Robert Packer Hospital
- Scott M Wright Award for Excellence in Research, Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 2016
- Society of Hospital Medicine